PSY 315 Week 5 Team Assignment Correlation Study Worksheet
Resource:Statistics for Psychology
Complete the Correlation Study Worksheet.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Your research team has been tasked with finding the correlation of the following scenario:
Four research participants take a test of manual dexterity (high scores mean better dexterity) and an anxiety test (high scores mean more anxiety). The scores are as follows:
Person Dexterity Anxiety
1 1 10
2 1 8
3 2 4
4 4 -2
Describe the process that your research team would go through by completing the following:
1. Make a scatter diagram of the scores.
2. Describe in words the general pattern of correlation, if any.
3. Figure the correlation coefficient.
4. Figure whether the correlation is statistically significant (use the .05 significance level, two-tailed).
5. Explain the logic of what you have done, writing as if you are speaking to someone who has never heard of correlation (but who does understand the mean, standard deviation, Z scores, and hypothesis testing).
6. Give three logically possible directions of causality, indicating for each direction whether it is a reasonable explanation for the correlation in light of the variables involved (and why).
PSY 315 Week 5 Individual Assignment Hypothesis Testing Paper
Resource: Instructor approved research issue, problem, or opportunity in the field of psychology
Prepare a 1,400- to 1,750-word paper in which you formulate a hypothesis based on your selected research issue, problem, or opportunity.
Address the following:
• Describe your selected research issue, problem, or opportunity.
• Formulate a hypothesis statement concerning your selected research issue, problem, or opportunity.
• Determine your population and describe which sampling method you would use to generate your sample
• Describe how you would...