PSYC 354 Week 1-8 Complete Homework Solution
PSYC 354 Homework 1 Introduction to Statistics
When submitting this file, be sure the filename includes your full name, course and section.
Be sure you have reviewed this module/week’s lesson and presentations before proceeding to the
homework exercises. Number all responses. Review the “Homework Instructions: General”
document for an example of how homework assignments must look.
Part I: Concepts
These questions are based on the Nolan and Heinzen reading and end-of-chapter questions.
Fill in the blank with the appropriate word or words.
1. A statistic that uses sample data to make general estimates about the larger population is statistic.
2. A statistic that summarizes a group of numbers is a(n) statistic.
3. A(n) is a set of observations drawn from the larger group of interest.
4. The large group about which you want to know something is called .
5. A five-star rating system for movies is a variable at the level of measurement.
6. A person’s religious preference is a variable at the level of measurement.
7. A(n) variable is a variable that meets the criteria for an interval and ratio variable.
8. Discrete values that the independent variable can take on are called the of the independent variable.
9. A variable that is manipulated to determine its effects on another variable is a(n)
10. A(n) variable makes it impossible to determine whether the independent variable is the cause of changes in the dependent variable.
11. is the process of drawing conclusions about whether or not a particular relation between variables is supported by the data.
12. The hallmark of a(n) is the random assignment of participants to conditions
so that cause and effect can be discovered.
13. When each participant has the same chance of being assigned to the various levels of the manipulation, they are said to be to...