QDC1, WK3 Study questions
QDC1 STUDY QUESTIONS
Ch. 11-16, Operations Management; Ch. 6, Quality and Performance Excellence
Click for Skillsoft Module: Supply Chain Logistics Management
Click for Skillsoft Module: Six Sigma: Lean Tools for Control
1. Describe the factors that should be covered by a supplier audit.
Factors typically covered are Management style; Quality assurance; Materials management; Design process used; Process improvement policies; and Procedures for corrective action and follow-up.
2. Describe the purpose of aggregate planning.
Decide on the combination of Output rates, employment levels, & on-hand inventory levels.
3. What is the expected output from aggregate planning?
Total cost of a plan, projected levels of inventory, output, employment, subcontracting, backordering.
4. Identify the variables that must be considered when developing the aggregate plan.
Pricing, advertising, and product mix.
5. Describe strategies for developing aggregate plans that bridge strategic planning and short-range scheduling.
Production lot size, order quantities, machine loading, job assignments, job sequencing, work schedules.
6. Describe approaches used to match supply and demand.
• Aggregate planning, capacity planning
• Smooth the demand fluctuations by shifting demand to match existing supply
• Adjust capacity to match fluctuation in demand
7. Outline some of the issues that influence the scheduling function.
Run size of jobs
• Times of jobs
• Sequence in which jobs should be processed
8. Explain five recent trends in supply chain management.
9. Describe some of the factors involved in choosing a supplier.
• Quality and quality assurance: what procedures does the supplier have for quality control and quality assurance? Are quality problems and corrective actions documented?
• Flexibility: how flexible is the supplier in handling changes in delivery...