01. Ground is a connection to:
a. the green screw on a receptacle b. the screw on the back of a metal box c. earth by a grounding electrode
02. What is necessary for the flow of charge from one place to another?
a. electric current b. electric potential c. potential DIFFERENCE d. potential energy difference
03. In a solid conductor, what particle moves carrying charge and creating current?
a. the proton b. the electron c. the neutron
04. The unit of electric current is the....
a. ampere. b. joule. c. watt. d. coulomb.
05. Which of these is not a source of voltage.
a. battery b. generator c. capacitor.
06. What effect does the temperature of a conductor have on its resistance?
a. The higher the temperature the lower the resistance.
b. The higher the temperature the higher the resistance.
c. Resistance only depends on the type of material, not the temperature.
07. How does the length of a conductor affect its resistance?
a. The longer the conductor the more resistance it has.
b. The longer the conductor the less resistance it has.
c. Resistance does not depend on length.
08. How does the thickness of a material affect the resistance?
a. The thicker the material, the more resistance it has.
b. The thicker the material, the less resistance it has.
c. Thickness has no effect on resistance.
09. What is the unit of electrical resistance?
a. The joule. b. The coulomb. C. The ohm. d. The volt.
10. When a wire is carrying a current, describe how it is charged.
a. It is charged negatively because of the electrons flowing through it.
b. It is not charged at all because the electrons were already there, they are just now moving.
c. It is charged positively because the protons are moving.
11. How is power calculated?
a. Divide current by voltage b. multiply current by voltage c. Divide resistance by voltage d. multiply resistance by...