1. What is your position at this gym? How long have you worked here?
2. How does your gym stand out from other gyms? What information do you provide to prospective athletes and parents to encourage them to select your gym over others?
a. Do you have any pamphlets/ brochures/ website info?
3. As a leader/ manager of this gym, how does your role differ from that of other coaches? Do you feel responsible for promoting satisfaction and motivating your staff? If so, what strategies do you utilize to motivate coaches?
b. Meetings? Money? Recognition?
4. Why does your staff choose to work here? How do you promote loyalty among your organization?
5. How do you ensure that the needs/ goals/ aspirations of your employees will be met?
c. How do you respond to dissatisfaction and stress amongst coaches?
d. What is your relationship like with all of your employees?
e. Are you in touch with gym issues and able to diffuse rumors?
6. Since you are also a coach you play a large role in motivating the athletes. How do you encourage the gymnasts to keep training when they aren’t getting the results they want, get injured … etc.
f. Do you have your athletes set their own goals?
7. Do you feel that motivation stems intrinsically from the athletes, from you, or from the parents?
1. How long have you been affiliated with this gym? What roles have you played?
2. Has your history as a gymnast helped you understand how to motivate athletes in different age groups?
3. How do you motivate athletes who aren’t seeing the results that they want or are demoralized by injury, poor meet performances, or anything other problem?
4. Do you treat younger kids differently from older kids?
a. Punishment, rewards, expectations, tone.. Etc.?
5. Why do you coach? Do you do it for self – fulfillment or for monetary reasons?
6. How do you deal with stress and conflict in...