RES 351 Final Exam Guide
1) Northwest Airlines applied mathematical models to determine which customers in its database were currently responsible for most of its profitability and which customers were not currently profitable but had similar characteristics to the most profitable customers. Northwest Airlines utilized _____ to identify these customers.
2) Minute Maid sees research as the fundamental first step in any business decision, and it created proprietary methods for conducting research. At what level of the hierarchy of business decision makers does Minute Maid operate?
3) Which of the following questions is considered first when discussing a management dilemma?
5) _____ occurs when the participants are told only part of the truth or when the truth is fully compromised.
6) The process of stating the basic dilemma and then developing other questions by progressively breaking down the original question into more specific ones is called the _____.
7) The fundamental weakness in the research process is _____.
8) Which type of management question asks what do we want to achieve?
9) In the Southeast, the potato chip market share held by the Lays brand is 46%.
10) An increase in hours of television viewing leads to increases in the sales of snack foods. This is an example of a _____.
11) To be categorized as a customer, an individual must have a history of shopping at the establishment at least twice before the start of the study with expenditures of more than $10. This is an example of _____.
12) James is entering data on client gender. Because the values entered reflect male or female, this variable is _____.
13) Which variable in an experiment is the variable expected to be affected by the manipulation?
14) Qualitative research seeks to _____ theory while quantitative research _____ it.
15) Which of the following is true of quantitative...