Defining the Scope and Structure for an IT Risk Management Plan
Course Name and Number: _____________________________________________________
Student Name: ________________________________________________________________
Instructor Name: ______________________________________________________________
Lab Due Date: ________________________________________________________________
In this lab, you defined the purpose of an IT risk management plan, you defined the scope for an
IT risk management plan that encompasses the seven domains of a typical IT infrastructure, you
related the risks, threats, and vulnerabilities to the plan, and you created an IT risk management
plan outline that incorporates the five major parts of an IT risk management process.
Lab Assessment Questions & Answers
1. What is the goal or objective of an IT risk management plan?
2. What are the five fundamental components of an IT risk management plan?
3. Define what risk planning is.
4. What is the first step in performing risk management?
5. What is the exercise called when you are trying to gauge how significant a risk is?
6. What practice helps address a risk?
7. What ongoing practice helps track risk in real time?
8. True or False: Once a company completes all risk management steps (identification, assessment,
response, and monitoring), the task is done.
9. Given that an IT risk management plan can be large in scope, why is it a good idea to develop a
risk management plan team?
10. In the seven domains of a typical IT infrastructure, which domain is the most difficult to plan,
identify, assess, treat, and monitor?
11. Which compliance laws or standards does the health care organization mentioned in the HandsOn Steps have to comply with (consider these: Health Insurance Portability and Accountability
Act [HIPAA], Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act [GLBA], and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
[FERPA])? How does this...