Saxonville Sausage Company
* Vivio has good sale performance while other categories’ sales are flat or dropping down, so Saxonvile intends to launch a new national Italian sausage brand.
* The new brand needs a good positioning to match up core values of targeted customers.
SWOT: External Situation Analysis:
* Opportunities: The attitude of customers towards Italian Sausage is good. There is no national Italian sausage brand in the market.
* Threats: National brand should compete against regional ones. Reconfiguring a whole new distribution system is a big issue. Changing to a new name is possible to lead to a loss of customers.
* Strengths: Italian sausage is thought as a great “meal-maker”, easy and quick. Vivio is perceived of high-quality. Saxonville has already built up its brand name in market and customer’s mind.
* Weaknesses: Vivio is not perfect name for Italian sausage, lacking authenticity. Has a small distribution. Only provided with basic trade support with no advertising.
* Alternative 1: Family connection
* Pros: matching up mostly with core value of “doing a good job” showed by survey, having the highest possibility of buying for customers. No existing brands step further in communication.
* Cons: maybe it’s too generic, any brand can claim it as own feature. It’s doesn’t address the benefit of easy and quick.
* Alternative 2: Clever cooking
* Pros: it’s easy to offer tactical support. More distinctive and durable, attracting customers’ eyes. The advantage of “Quick and Easy” is integrated into it.
* Cons: It’s not the most fitted with the core value of “dong a good job”.
* Alternative 2 –Clever cooking is more distinctive and good for building up brand name in long term. It also put emphasis on “Quick and Easy”, which is concerned by most female users. It meets specific needs for customers, like time issue and...