Sample Question Paper SCIENCE Class-IX (SUMMATIVE ASSESSMENT II) M.M.-80 Time-3-31/2 hrs.
1. Questions 1 to 5 are one mark questions. They are to be answered in one word or one sentence. 2. Questions 6 to14 are two marks questions. They are to be answered in about 30 words. 3. Questions 15 to 23 are three marks questions. They are to be answered in about 50 words. 4. Questions 24 to 26 are five marks questions. They are to be answered in about 70 words. 5. Question 27 to41are multiple choice questions based on practical skills. Each question is a one mark question. You are to choose one most appropriate response out of the four a, b,c and d provided to you.
1 Which animal tissue is commonly known as packaging tissue?
2. Calculate the formula unit mass of CaCO3 (given at masses: Ca = 40. 0µ, c=12 0µ, 0 = 16.0µ . 1 3. An ion M 3+ has 10 electrons and 14 neutons What is the atomic number and mass number of M ? 4. State the wave property that determines ‘pitch’ of sound. 5. How does the speed of sound change on increasing the temperature?
6.What do you mean by photoperiod? Name two processes that are dependent on photoperiod. 2 7. What will happen if: i) The skin epithelium is not stratified. ii) Stratified squamous epithelium lines blood vessels. 2
8. Name the target organ/organ system of AIDS virus. What is the cause of death in case of people suffering from AIDS?
9. What is meant by (i) a solute and (ii) a solvent in a solution? Identify the solute and the
solvent in a homogenous mixture of iodine and alcohol. 10. A housewife churned full cream milk with a milk churner. (i) What did she observe after churning milk? (ii) What could be the possible reason for this observation?
11. The average atomic mass of a sample of an element ‘X’ is 16.2µ. What is the percentage of each isotope
X in the sample?
12.Why does a wooden block float and an iron block...