Title: The Hound of the Baskervilles.
Author: Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, Dr. Mortimer, Sir Charles, Sir Henry, Sir Hugo, Roger, Miss. Stapleton.
1. Holmes is one of the most famous detectives in history. He is tall, thin and very smart.
2. Watson is a very respectable doctor, best friend of Holmes. He’s short, fat, and slow-thinking.
3. Sir Charles is a very rich and respectable old man. He died from a heart attack.
4. Sir Henry is a young man with a large fortune. He’s tall, thin and blond.
5. Roger is the son of Roger, Sir Charles third brother, who was a criminal. He wanted to kill Sir Henry.
6. Miss Stapleton is a young, beautiful woman, Roger’s wife. She was beaten hardly by him.
Plot: Sherlock Holmes is intrigued by a centuries-old legend in which every generation of the wealthy Baskerville family is eventually killed by a monstrous hound. Suspecting there is more to the story than meets the eye, he sends Dr. Watson to investigate. Sir Henry, the only Baskerville left, is grateful for his help. But when a crazed convict escapes and footprints from a hound are found, Sir Henry wonders if Watson will be enough. At the end, Holmes and Watson kill the hound, saving Sir Henry.
1. Dr. Mortimer arrives at Baker Street.
2. He tells the story of the Hound of the Baskervilles.
3. A bearded men follows them.
4. They meet Sir Henry Baskerville.
5. Watson goes in Baskerville Hall together with Sir Henry.
6. At the night Watson hears a woman crying.
7. He learns that there’s an escaped prisoner.
8. He learns that Selden is the brother of Miss. Barrymore and that her husband sends him food.
9. He met Holmes.
10. They find Selden dead.
11. Holmes understood that Mr. Stapleton is Roger, and that he want to kill Sir Henry.
12. Killing the hound, hey save Sir Henry and Miss. Stapleton.
13. Roger sinks into the marsh.
14. Holmes and Watson reflect about the strange case.