Holocaust Research Paper
For this assignment you will select a research topic from the list below, create a thesis and write a 2-4 page paper, that explains how indifference inspired the journey or impacted the life of the person or group you are researching.
1. Choose your topic from the list provided.
2. Research your topic, creating source cards for all sources consulted and note cards (total of 50). We will have 3 days in the library, but you will need to do some research on your own as well.
3. Write a strong working thesis statement to be submitted.
4. Create a sentence outline for your paper, following the format provided.
5. Write the rough draft of your paper, following the outline and using note cards.
6. Peer edit the rough draft with a classmate
7. Turn in final paper to turnitin.com and submit all research work
-At least 4 different sources, 2 databases, 1 book and 1 other.
-An annotated source card for every source consulted
-At least 50 note cards with notes from your research. At least 20 of those note cards should have direct quotes
-A working thesis statement
-A sentence outline
-A 2-4 page research paper
-A formal MLA works cited page (using the main sources from your source cards)
Period 4- 11/18, 11/20, 11/26
Period 5- 11/18, 11/19, 11/25
Survivors of Genocide
Danish Boat Resuce
Chambon sur Lignon- Village in France
Jewish Resistance Movements
Simon Wiesenthal- Holocaust Rescuer
Raoul Wallenberg – Holocaust Rescuer
Oskar Schindler – Holocaust Rescuer
Elie Wiesel – Victim and author
Miep Gies – Dutch citizen who hid Anne Frank
Voyage of The St. Louis
Kindertransport – Series of transport systems designed to get Jewish children out of harm’s way
Roméo Dallaire- Rescuer during Rwanda genocide
Philippe Gaillard- Rescuer during Rwanda genocide
Chiune Sugihara- Holocaust Rescuer