SOC 305 Week 2 Final Paper Preparation
Final Paper Preparation. To prepare for your Final Paper (due in Week Five), complete the following assignment and submit it to your instructor for feedback. Your paper should include a problem statement, outline, and annotated bibliography.
Problem Statement: Describe the social problem selected for your paper.
Outline: Using the sample below as a guide, provide an outline for your Final Paper. Remember that papers are expected to define a significant problem faced by the justice system, describe the scope and consequences of the problem, and discuss society’s responses to the problem (including public policies and other less formal responses). Your paper should also present a clearly reasoned alternative, supported by scholarly research.
3. What is the problem? Be sure to narrow your problem enough to allow a focused examination.
4. What are the individual and social implications of this problem? Discussion of implications should be supported by accurate research data.
5. What do the experts say about the problem?
6. What have we, as a society, done about this problem? Consider public policies and other, less formal responses.
7. How are public policies and other, less formal responses working?
8. Describe an alternative solution to the problem.
9. Discuss why the alternative is, or can be, an effective response to the problem. Remember to consider negative consequences of the alternative response.
10. Conclude with your thoughts about your chosen social problem. This is a good place to include personal opinions, assuming you wish to share them in a research paper.
In short, define a problem, discuss the response, and provide alternative responses to the problem. For example, your problem could be drug use/abuse, with a...