Week 4 Lab: Assessment Worksheet
Performing a Business Impact Analysis for an IT Infrastructure
Answer the following questions, specific to the creation and focus of Business Impact Analysis as well as BCP documentation.
Lab Assessment Questions & Answers
1. What is the goal and purpose of a BIA?
2. Why is a business impact analysis (BIA) an important first step in defining a business continuity plan (BCP)?
3. How do risk management and risk assessment relate to a business impact analysis for an IT infrastructure?
4. True or False - If the Recovery Point Objective (RPO) metric does not equal the Recovery Time Objective (RTO), you may potentially lose data or not have data backed-up to recover. This represents a gap in potential lost or unrecoverable data.
5. What questions would you have for executive management prior to finalizing a BIA report?
6. How does a BCP help mitigate risk?
7. What kind of risk does a BCP help mitigate?
8. If you have business liability insurance, asset replacement insurance, and natural disaster insurance, do you still need a BCP or DRP? Why or why not?
9. What does a BIA help define for a BCP?
10. Who should participate in the development of BCP within an organization?
11. Why does disaster planning and disaster recovery belong in a BCP?
12. What is the purpose of having documented IT system, application, and data recovery procedures and steps?
13. Why must you include testing of the plan in your BCP?
14. How often should you update your BCP document?