Unit 2 Investigating Business – assessment criteria (a)
Create a summarised business plan which includes:
a) The name of the business
b) The products/services offered
c) The aims of the business
d) The objectives of the business
e) The stakeholders of the business
f) The chosen legal form
g) The market
For a + b explain how and why have you come to these decisions.
For c + d explain them and identify how you are going to test that the business achieves them.
For f why have you chosen this legal form?
For g from the marketing research you have already explained how you have decided on the product element of the 4ps but what about the other elements.
Those features of a product or service that allow it to satisfy or delight its customers
Image and brand
A system that uses inspection as a way of finding any faults in a good or service being produced.
A system that aims to achieve quality by organising every process to get the product “right first time” and prevent mistakes ever happening.
Ownership & responsibility
TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT (TQM)
A culture of quality that involves all employees of a firm.
• Right first time
• A consistent message on quality
• Commitment to continuous improvement (KAIZEN)
• Build partnerships
• Educate and train staff
• Set clear and achievable goals
• Pride in work
• Train and educate
• A structure and culture to support quality aims
• Commitment to needs of customer
• Close links with supply chains
• Emphasis on team work
• Clear measure of quality
• Information gathering to improve these measures
• Two way communication systems
Week No W/c Topic
1. 03/09/07 Autumn term starts Wed 05/09/07
2. 10/09/07 IIMPORTANCE OF ENTERPRISE