1. Write a question about one of the first three headings and a potential answer.
How have manors and class structure really changed since then?
Not really, we still have people who work as servants or maids and on occasion they do live in the home with their employer or employers. We do not have the idea of working for land, but that person is the one who provides them with pay that they use to take care of themselves and their land.
2. Write a question about the image of the tapestry and a potential answer.
Where the soldiers or knights always at war or waiting for it?
The picture makes it seem like the knights are just sitting on the grass waiting for a war to start or waiting to have to fight someone.
3. What prediction do you have about the information in the article based on the first paragraph?
Based on the first paragraph it seems that the article is either going to talk about the continuous war going on between England and France at the time or it will be talking about how they lived during that time period.
4. What is the significance of feudalism in medieval Europe? How does this connect to the image of knights?
Feudalism played an important role in medieval Europe because this made the society that they lived in. Because of this the people were made to respect anyone of a higher power than them or of a wealthier income than themselves. The knights then were able to keep their standing until a vassal was out in his place with the lords.
5. If you were to sketch a graphic representation of the social structure of Europe in the Middle Ages, what would you draw?
I would draw a type of pyramid with the king on top, then the lords, then the knights, and then the serfs. This would represent the order of power and wealth as well as label what they do for each other.
6. Would you prefer to be a serf or an apprentice? Support your answer with evidence from the text.
I would prefer to be an apprentice rather...