ELECTRICAL LIGHTING FIXTURES AND INCANDESCENT LAMP STRUCTURE
1. What is an Electrical Lightning Fixture?
It is an electrical device used to create artificial light by use of an electric lamp. All light fixtures have a fixture body and a light socket to hold the lamp and allow for its replacement. Fixtures may also have a switch to control the light.
2. What are the 2 types of a lightning fixture? Cite a picture for each types.
Desk Lamp Chandelier
3. Who are the persons behind the invention of Incandescent bulb?
The people behind the invention of Incandescent bulb are Alfred Swan, Sir Humphry Davy, Thomas Edison, Edward Shepard, Henricg Globel, Henry Woodward and James Lindsay.
4. What are the different parts of an Incandescent bulb? Give the definition for each part.
1. Filament – The Tungston Filament consists of the metal wires that heat and glow inside the bulb when the electricity is on. Working for General Electric Company, inventor William David Coolidge refined the process of coating light bulb filiments with tungston and essentially created the effecient, long-lasting bulb that is common today.
2. Connecting Wires – Connecting Wires are the small wires that carry the electrical current from the filament to the light bulb's metallic electrical contacts.
3. Electrical Contacts – Electrical Contacts are housed in the base of the incandescent light bulb which is designed to allow the electrical contacts of the bulb to connect with the electrical contacts of the lamp or lighting fixture.
4. Glass Envelope – Glass Envelope is the term for what most consumers would simply refer to as the glass. The glass holds in the inert gases and creates a stronger glow than the filament alone can.
5. Glass Fuse Enclosure - This protects the fuses that are in the bulb's stem....