Tools of Marketing
By Scott Christ, eHow Contributor
* Print this article
Businesses are increasingly using online marketing tools to promote their products and increase sales.
When marketing your product or service, there is no shortage of tools and tactics available to you. The Internet has led to the creation of a variety of new, innovative tools for marketing your business. Whether you want to use social media, email marketing or more traditional print-based marketing mediums such as direct mail, be sure to have a measurement strategy in place so you can measure and track the effectiveness of each marketing tool you choose to use for your business.
Other People Are Reading
* Types of Communication Media in Marketing
* Life Insurance Marketing Strategies
* Facebook is a social networking website with over 500 million active users as of January 2011. Many businesses now use Facebook as a tool to market their business. In fact, over 2.5 million websites have integrated with Facebook. They do this by creating "fan" pages, which means you can develop a Facebook page related to your business, as well as Facebook applications. Facebook users install 20 million of these applications every day, making them a potentially effective marketing tool for helping to spread the word about your business.
* Mail Chimp is an email marketing tool that allows you to send periodic newsletters to your customers. Mail Chimp offers professional email templates you can use, or you can upload your own design. The tool is free to use if you have fewer than 500 subscribers in your contact database. Once you establish a list of customer email addresses, you can send weekly or monthly communications to update your customers about recent happenings at your company, upcoming sales, useful content related to your industry or money-saving coupons.
* LinkedIn is a networking website business...