I. Is a College Education Worth It?
1. College graduates make more money.
2. More and more jobs require college degrees.
3. Young adults learn interpersonal skills in college.
4. College education has a high return as an investment.
5. Earning a college degree is a major life achievement.
1. Student loan debt is crippling for college graduates.
II. Should Abortion Be Legal?
1. A woman's right to choose abortion is a "fundamental right" recognized by the US Supreme Court.
2. Fetuses are incapable of feeling pain when an abortion is performed.
3. Many women who choose abortion don't have the financial resources to support a child.
4. The anti-abortion position is usually based on religious beliefs and threatens the vital separation of church and state.
5. An association between abortion and breast cancer is unsubstantiated
1. Abortion increases the likelihood that women will develop breast cancer.
III. Is Obesity a Disease?
1. Obesity decreases a person's life expectancy or can cause death, like other diseases.
2. Obesity is a risk factor for diabetes, hypertension, some cancers, and other diseases.
3. Obesity is not just a recent phenomenon resulting from the modern environment.
4. Impairs the normal functioning of a body
5. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), National Institutes of Health (NIH), and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) have affirmed that obesity is a disease.
1. Obesity is a matter of personal responsibility.
IV. Should People Become Vegetarian?
1. It is cruel and unethical to kill animals for food when vegetarian options are available.
2. A vegetarian diet can help alleviate world hunger.
3. A vegetarian diet reduces the chances of developing kidney stones and gallstones.
4. A vegetarian diet lowers the risk of heart disease.
5. Eating meat increases the risk of...