1. Learning a second language is a c____________e, but with continued effort you can make continual progress.
2. You need to apply a proper system of l_____c to solve these problems.
3. A n_________k of volunteers is working to distribute food and blankets to the homeless on this cold, winter night.
4. One of the poorest countries in the world, Yemen is struggling to build a s________e government, and a strong economy.
5. His parents sent him to a military a_______________y, because they thought he was getting a little too wild.
6. The purpose of the trade deal is to f_______________e the exchange of goods between the two nations.
7. In the last 30 years, the average family size in Ukraine has d_______________ed from 5 members to 3.
8. Gander, Newfoundland is an important t________t point for international flights.
9. Rents for p___________e office space in Central Tokyo are the highest in the world.
10. The Soviet Union as a political e_____________y ceased to exist in the late 1980s.
1. The government of East Timor faces great c_______________es in rebuilding the country after years of war and occupation.
2. Recent studies suggest that the use of physical action when reviewing new vocabulary can f_______________e second language learning.
3. The traditional viewpoint of the family e____________y typically describes it as consisting of two parents of the opposite sex with one or more children.
4. The number of houses sold in our city has d_______________ed by almost 10% in the past year due to rising interest rates.
5. Chemical compounds which are not s_______________e can be very dangerous.
6. The l_______________l way to reduce the number of cars on the road would be to make mass transit more attractive.
7. The Earth's surface fluids are of p_______________e importance in the origin and development of our planet's landscape.
8. After taking classical ballet for years, Jennifer decided to try a jazz dance course at the...