SWOT Analysis of Starbucks
Starbucks Corporation (SBUX) is an international coffee and coffeehouse chain based in Seattle, Washington. Starbucks is the largest coffeehouse company in the world, with 17,009 stores in 50 countries, including over 11,000 in the United States, over 1,000 in Canada, and over 700 in the United Kingdom.
Starbucks sells drip brewed coffee, espresso-based hot drinks, other hot and cold drinks, coffee beans, salads, hot and cold sandwiches and panini, pastries, snacks, and items such as mugs and tumblers. Through the Starbucks Entertainment division and Hear Music brand, the company also markets books, music, and film. Many of the company's products are seasonal or specific to the locality of the store. Starbucks-brand ice cream and coffee are also offered at grocery stores.
• Starbucks Corporation is a very profitable organization, earning in excess of $600 million in 2004.The company generated revenue of more than $5000 million in the same year.
• It is a global coffee brand built upon a reputation for well products and services. It has almost 9000 cafes in almost 40 countries.
• Starbucks has a very low rate for the loss of its top managers. They give various ideas for their products.
• Starbucks was one of the Fortune Top 100 Companies to Work For in 2005. The company is a respected employer that values its workforce.
• Starbucks’ product is not just coffee, but the experience for coffee: atmosphere management, soft music, warm light and so on.
• Starbucks uses the mode of flexible investments and cooperations according to the different market situations around the world. It always uses the direct way to sale its products.
• The organization has strong ethical values and an ethical mission statement as follows, 'Starbucks is committed to a role of environmental leadership in all facets of our business.'
• Starbucks always locates in the crowed mal so that it gives the consumers the...