Exam Name: ENGLISH PAPER 3 FORM 3 |
Course: Secondary Level |
Institution/Board: KCSE |
Exam Year: |
END YEAR EXAM 2011
(Imaginative composition and composition based on set texts)
1. Answer Three questions only
2. Questions One and two are compulsory.
3. In question Three choose only one of the optional texts you have prepared on.
4. Where a candidate presents work on more than one optional text, only the first one to appear marked.
5. Each essay you write must not exceed 450 words.
6. Your neatness, spellings and handwriting matters alongside the level of creativity.
1. choose one of the following (20mks)
a) Write a story beginning; I had to go for it …………
b) Write a story to illustrate:
“Hard work pays”.
2. The compulsory set text
Henrik Ibsen: An enemy of the people.
a) In his book Ibsen seems to see the press aas constituted in his home town as “an enemy of truth”.
Using clear illustrations from the text, discuss ways in which the press acts as an Enemy of Truth. (20mks)
3.The optional Set Texts
“In a political crisis, women suffer most”
Write a composition in support of the statement drawing your examples from J. Rugard’s
“Shreds of tenderness” (20mks)
b) Half a Day is a symbolic story. Explain using Half a day
Change in inevitable in “The River Between”. Show how the statement is.(20mks)
c) Velma Polland indeed shoes the homestretch.
Support this with evidence from “Homestretch”. (20mks)