Quotes About Intelligence

Quotes About Intelligence

  • Submitted By: pamit85
  • Date Submitted: 03/08/2009 10:19 AM
  • Category: English
  • Words: 501
  • Page: 3
  • Views: 364

UNIX is simple. But It just needs a genius to understand its simplicity.
  --Dennis Ritchie

Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.
  --Fred Brooks
Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is   when something works, but you don't know why it works. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why.

It's hard enough to find an error in your code when you're looking for it; it's even harder when you've assumed your code is error-free. 
If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization.  -Gerald Weinberg
The Six Phases of a Project:          Enthusiasm 
                                                            Search for the Guilty 
                                                            Punishment of the Innocent
                                                            Praise for non-participants
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the  intelligent are full of doubt.
  --Bertrand Russell
No matter how slick (efficient) the demo is in rehearsal, when you do  it in front of a live audience the probability of a flawless  presentation is inversely proportional to the number of people  watching, raised to the power of the amount of money involved.
If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming must be  the process of putting them in.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third works.  --Alan J. Perlis
Measuring programming progress by lines of code is like measuring aircraft building progress by weight.
            --Bill Gates
Before software can be reusable, it first has to be usable.  --Ralph Johnson
The first 90% of the code accounts for the first 90% of the  development time. The remaining 10% of...

Similar Essays