14 Principles of Fayol
1. Division of Work. Specialization allows the individual to build up experience, and to continuously improve skills and simplification of job training
2. Authority and Responsible. The right to issue commands, along with which must go the balanced responsibility for its function.
3. Discipline. Respect for the rules that govern the organization.
4. Unity of Command. Each worker should receive orders from one superior only.
5. Unity of Direction. Group of similiar activities that directed to a single goal under one manager.
6. Subordination of individual interest (to the general interest). Management must see that the goals of the firms are always paramount.
7. Remuneration. Payment should be fair and satisfactory for employees and the organization.
8. Centralization . Manager retain final responsibility –subordinates maintain enough responsibility to accomplish their tasks.
9. Scalar chain (Line of Authority)- The chain of command from the ulimate authority to the lowest
10. Order. People and superior should be in the right place at the right time.
11. Equity. Manager should treat employees fairly and equally.
12. Stability of Tenure of Personnel.Managerial practices that encourage long-term commitment from employees create stable workforce and therefore successful organisation.
13. Initiative. Employees should be encouraged to develop and carry out improvement plans.
14. Esprit de Corps. Manager should foaster and maintain teamwork, team spirit, and a sense of unity among employees.
5 Managent Function
• To Forecast & Plan . Examine the future and draw up a plan of action. The elements of strategy.
• To organize. Build up the structure, material and human of the undertaking.
• To command. Maintain the activity among the personnel.
• To coordinate. Bind together, unify and harmonizse all activity and effort.
• To control. Seeing that everything occurs in conformity with...