ACCT 220 Principles of Accounting I Quiz 3
Click Link Below To Buy:
Multiple Choice (7 points each)
1. On January 1, 20X1, Blake Company purchased a patent for $68,000. The patent has a remaining legal life of nine years and an expected service life of eight years. The amortization expense (to the nearest dollar) properly recognized for 20X1 is:$0.
E. None of these.
2. Which of the following transactions would cause a change in total stockholders’ equity?
1. A stock dividend.
2. Paying a previously declared cash dividend.
3. Reissuing treasury stock at its cost.
4. A stock split.
5. None of these.
3. Normally, the payment of a previously declared dividend will result in:
1. a decrease in liabilities.
2. a decrease in working capital.
3. a decrease in stockholders’ equity.
4. All of the above.
5. None of these.
Problem #1 (15 points)
Hogan Company sold equipment for $6,000 which cost $8,000 and had accumulated depreciation of $5,500. What is the proper journal entry to record this transaction?
Problem #2 (15 points)
Hector Company sold equipment, for $1,000 which cost $8,000 and had accumulated depreciation of $5,500. What is the proper journal entry to reflect this transaction?
Problem #3 (15 points)
Gaines originally issued 15,000 shares of $10 par value common stock at $15 per share. During the current year, 1,000 of these shares were reacquired for $20 each. What is the proper journal entry to record the reacquisition?
Problem #4 (34 points)
On January 1, 2015 Jett Inc. purchased equipment for $154,000 in cash. The equipment is expected to have an operating life of 4 years. The estimated salvage value is $25,000.
1. Using the straight-line method of depreciation:
2016. Determine the annual depreciation...