1. There are 1792 steps to the top of the Eiffel Tower.
2. In mediaeval England, pots and dishes were made from a clay called "pygg", and spare change was often saved in such a pot. Around 1600, an English potter unfamiliar with this custom was asked to make a "pygg bank". Misunderstanding the instructions, he created a clay vessel in the shape of a pig. This is how the piggy bank came to be.
3. You would have to drink 100 cups of coffee in four hours to get the lethal dose of caffeine which is 10 grams.
4. Flamingos get their pink colour from the shrimp they eat The more shrimp they eat the deeper pink they become.
5. Dolphins don't automatically breathe they have to tell themselves to.
6. The average heart beats 100,000 times each day.
7. When you crack your knuckles the pop you hear is a bubble of gas bursting.
8. An elephant's penis is about 1.5 meters long, the longest of any animal.
9. No word in the English language rhymes with silver, month, orange or purple.
10. Just 20 seconds worth of fuel remained when Apollo 11's lunar module landed on the moon.
11. You can see the stars during the day from the bottom of a well.
12. The Australian emu holds the land speed record for birds at about 50 kilometers per hour.
13. Generally, a dog's mouth has fewer germs and bacteria than a human's mouth.
14. The aero plane Buddy Holly died in was the American Pie. Thus the title of the Don McLean song.
15. A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.
16. In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere.
17. Scissors were invented by Leonardo da Vinci.
18. The number of births in India each year is greater than the entire population of Australia.
19. Two million hydrogen atoms might just cover the full stop at the end of this sentence.
20. More people are killed by donkeys each year than are killed in plane crashes.
21. Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
22. The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as a substitute...