Check this A+ tutorial guideline at
1. Question : Americans tend to look at others above the neck or below the knees. Looking at other parts of a person’s body is considered impolite, while looking at anyone for more than three to five seconds can be interpreted as staring.
2. Question : Children often learn to send messages using ________________ before they learn to speak.
3. Question : Language performs a ________________, which means it allows you to explore and investigate the world, solve problems, and learn from your discoveries and experiences.
4. Question : Using racial slurs constitutes ________________.
5. Question : At one time the word man was considered a generic word that referred to all humans. Today, such usage is considered ________________ that excludes individuals on the basis of gender.
6. Question : Like other languages, English is not growing and evolving. It is complete and now must be mastered.
7. Question : The part of the body where emotions are primarily expressed is a person’s _____________, although other nonverbal channels such as vocal sounds, posture, and hand gestures can contribute infor-mation about the intensity of the emotion.
8. Question : One reason language is so powerful is that it is the means by which you construct your reality.
9. Question : The term ________________ describes a wide range of common and nonstandard English, including jargon, colloquialisms, idioms, and slang.
10. Question : ________________ is the specialized or technical language of a specific group or pro¬fession that may not be understood by outsiders.
For more classes visit
ASH COM 200...