BCOM 275 Final Exam Guide
BCOM 275 Final Exam Set 1
1) A receiver’s response to a sender’s message is called
2) The term channel in communication means
3) The message refers to which of the following?
4) This happens when you receive, construct meaning from, and respond to the sender’s message.
5) When the receiver uses this response style, he clarifies or seeks more information.
6) This response style normally does not help unless the sender has asked for your advice.
7) A claim is generally not considered credible if
8) Which of the following are the most common types of doubts people may have about a source?
9) Which of the following is a category of reasonless advertising?
10) Providing only two choices when others are available defines which fallacy?
11) Consider the following statement: “Morgan, you’re down to earth and I trust your judgment. That’s why I know I can count on you to back me up at the meeting this afternoon.” This is an example of which fallacy?
12) Consider the following statement: “Studies confirm what everyone already knows: Smaller class sizes make better learners.” This is an example of which fallacy?
13) An effective message should be
14) Audience analysis should occur at what point in the creation of a message?
15) Measurable or observable characteristics of your audience are called
16) In this channel of communication, messages are carried by sound and light waves.
17) You want to discuss your performance review and possible raise with your boss. The most effective channel to do this would be
18) Sound and light waves are an example of which part of the communication model?
19) Which verbal support breaks down complex processes or concepts into their component parts to ensure understanding?
20) A framework for putting all of your information together in a logical sequence is called
21) What type of language is used when communicating with...