Business Process Management ----- BPM
Business Process Management is a systematic approach to improve companies’ business processes. BPM can make business process more effective and efficient. To make sure what is a good process can help the company build its target. A nice process has five characteristic:
1. Definition. A proper process has clear scope, input, and output.
2. Controllable. A nice process should be controllable.
3. Effective. The input of the process should meet the customer’s requirements.
4. Efficient. The process should cost as less as possible for the output. And it shouldn’t use extra resource.
5. Adaptable. The process should be changeable based on customers’ needs and the environment situation. It should be flexible.
When the exports talks about BPM, they always focus on two viewpoints: people and technology.
“People” is one of the main points of BPM. “BPM is considered by some to be a philosophy. BPM alignment to the customer means that customer-facing staff is best suited to understand customer needs and must be empowered to make improvements” (WIKI).
Technology can always be the important element of the business, for example, the Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). Of course, without SOA, BMP can also be implemented, but you might not see the advantages that you had hope for. Sandy Carte states that BPM and SOA together would help facilitate the next phase of the business process evolution. (146)
BPM is not a new concept, but it is still the top-of-mind item for business today. Having a perfect business processes and procedures is very important to every company. However, perfect process and procedure never exist. You can only have up-to-date business processes and procedures. In order to make a perfect business process, you need to keep tracking the process and refine it. The good news is you can use Business Process Management to help you to solve the problem.
Large companies have very mature business process....