CIS 246 Week 5 iLab 5 DNS Configuration, Web Server, and DHCP
iLab 5 of 7: DNS Configuration, Web Server, and DHCP
Submit your assignment to the Dropbox located on the silver tab at the top of this page.
(See the Syllabus section “Due Dates for Assignments & Exams” for due date information.)
Connect to the iLab here.
Scenario and Summary
• Before beginning work, connect to your virtual lab platform (Skillsoft / Element K).
• You will create a DNS zone and a host, create a web server, and set up DCHP on a network.
You may find this resource helpful as you prepare to complete the lab.
• Network Services
TASK 1: Create a DNS Zone and a Host
STEP 1: Create a New Zone
Back to Top
When Active Directory was created, a DNS server was installed to keep track of the computers that were added to the A domain. Now you are going to create a new domain. In DNS terms, you are going to create a new zone. The zone will be based your first and last name to show you the flexibility in naming private zones.
1. Log on to server with a user name of Administrator and a password of Password!.
2. In Server Manager expand Roles -> DNS Server -> DNS -> SRV-1 and highlight Forward Lookup, right-click it, and then click New Zone.
3. The New Zone Wizard opens. Click Next.
4. Leave the default of Primary Zone and click Next.
5. Leave the default of replicating to all DNS servers in the domain and click Next.
6. For a zone, create one based on your first and last name, separated by a dot (e.g., Mary.Noia). Click Next.
7. Select Do not allow dynamic updates, because we are going to create our own entry. Click Next.
8. The summary is displayed. Click Finish.
9. Unfortunately, there can be problems refreshing the zone. The easiest thing to do is click Forward Zone in the left panel and...