2) The note purportedly written by the victim will be examined by the document examination unit. The revolver will be examined by the firearms unit. The traces of skin and blood under the victim’s fingernails will be examined by the physical science unit.
1) as the first officer arriving to the scene I would need to obtain any medical assistance for anybody who needs it. I would exclude all unauthorized people from the scene. I should record any statements by the victim. Must take note of all the people who are in the scene and must take note of every possible thing I see.
2) two people searching a small area with well-defined boundaries is a strip or line search pattern. Several people searching a large area is would be the quadrant or zone search pattern. A single person would be a spiral search pattern.
3) The mistake this officer did was open the window to let some air in there might have been physical evidence in that window. The conclusions about the scene was that there was a struggle and that he saw there was little evidence in the room.
3) a. An impression from a new automobile tire is classified as an individual characteristics
B. a finger print is classified as an individual characteristics
C. a spent bullet cartridge is classified as an individual characteristics
D. a mass-produced synthetic fiber is classified as a class characteristics
E. pieces of a shedded document is classified as an individual characteristics
F. commercial potting soil is classified as a class characteristics
G. skin and hair scrapings is classified as an individual characteristics
H. fragments of a multilayer custom automobile paint is classified as a class characteristics
1) after these steps are made they compare the bullet markings. If they match then the suspects gun was the one used to commit the crime.