Disaster in the Kitchen
29th Feb was a day to remember with awe. It sends shivers down my spine when I recall each and every incident in our kitchen which was nothing but a disaster. My parents were coming back from a holiday in Goa that morning and I decided to surprise them with some yummy all American breakfast.
I took the sausages out of the fridge and put them in a bowl to boil. While turning on the gas burner, I burnt my finger! Nevertheless, undeterred, I poured some water into the bowl with the sausages and started to boil it. After the sausages were boiled, I proceeded to drain the container and whew - some boiling water fell on my toe and then the rest on the floor! I jumped up in pain as the skin on the toe turned an angry red but still went to get a napkin and started to wipe up out the mess and in the process, I banged my head against the drawer!
All this left me drained but hungry - I took a banana and threw the peel in the bin, aka Michael Jordan and was ignorant when it did not go in. Suddenly the bell rung and I raced towards the door but slipped over the banana peel and BANG! I hurt myself very badly. I then got up and opened the door. It was my parents! I told them that breakfast was ready but when they said that they had already eaten on the flight I burst into tears. But when I recounted each and every incident that was happening since morning they burst into laughter! To cheer me up, they took me out for lunch......That was the day when there disaster after disaster really struck in the kitchen.