ENG 122 Week 1 DQ 2 Argument, Keyword, and Thesis Statement Workshop
Copy & Paste the link into your browser to download the tutorial:
Argument, Keyword, and Thesis Statement Workshop. 1st Post Due by Day 3. Prepare
• • As you prepare to write your second discussion for this week, be sure to complete the following: ♣Read Chapters 1, 3, 4.2, and Appendix A in the textbook.
♣ Read “Research Paper Guidelines.”
♣ Read “An Introduction to Argument.”
♣ Review the Ashford University Library’s Nitty gritty: Generating keywords tutorial ♣ Review the Ashford University Library’s Quick ‘n’ dirty tutorial
♣ Review the grading rubric for this discussion
• • Before drafting your initial post, take time to reflect on the approved research topics for your final paper. Considering the information in this week’s instructor guidance and readings, choose the research topic that suits you best. Choose a topic that is interesting, has a clear argument, and allows you to remain objective. We will be using research and logic to support our arguments in this class. It may be difficult to remain objective if you feel emotionally or spiritually connected to the subject.
Write (due Thursday, Day 3)
• • In 200 to 300 words, share your chosen research topic for this class and write a few sentences on each of
• • Share the kind of argument you hope to make and why.
o • Identify five to ten keywords for your library research and explain your choices.
o • Write a single-sentence thesis statement for your research paper and compare it to the “Thesis Checklist.”
o • Include any areas of confusion or questions you have for the class and/or your instructor.
Guided Response (due Monday, Day 7)
• • In 125 to 200 words each, respond to at least two classmates. Provide feedback on any area of confusion
• and answer any questions...