jjjjjjjjjjjfegfkajnfasdmfnsfndmvnsdfhdlskalserojfkjtiuekdm,nfajrkoertie ketjke bjsgjksg jkg sjkg sjg jk gsdkf gsjkf skg sjgbsjg jsd gsjkfbeukrhawoirjhaæg nsdælmk mk kjæg ækjag abjkafnkjfnasfkjnmdsjfknudsbrfj kb gh uhkjsbnf jk vfndnfgkjbsfjksbg kjbgiuøtiknørjkngsnøkmnvkjf hhgh gghkghdg gnhkjghkøfdgknjgdfnkjf hgkjghkgkgkg kghkjfhgkgjhkøjghkøjghkjghkjghkøjytiurhytakjvhjkngkjnvkldnm vklaølutiortn kjnkjg kjahgiuhgnk jn kdhgiogjkldngkøa
Thank you M'am - short story by Langston Hughes
You need to be able to concentrate on the following if you are going to write about literature:
• Give a summary of the plot
• Describe the setting
• Describe the two main characters
• What are the main themes? What do you think the author wants us to learn?
• Narrative technique. Consider the use of language, foreshadowing, irony, double meanings, text and sub-text (read between the lines and interpret).
• How does the short story comment on the situation of the poor in Harlem, New York City in the 1950's?
Remember that when you make a point in a literary analysis, you will need to refer closely to the text and support your point. You might choose to quote something from the text to support your point.
Film: Bram Stoker's Dracula, directed by Francis Ford Coppola
If you choose to concentrate on this area you should consider the following:
• You must be able to give a summary of the plot
• Gothic fiction was created for people in the 18th and 19th centuries who enjoyed being frightened by the supernatural. The genre had well-known elements that the reader would have expected to meet but would also enjoy. You must be able to point out the key elements of Gothic Fiction. What characterises this type of genre?