March 7, 2014
University of Texas at El Paso
How would you describe this school or institution to someone else?
-UTEP is a close to home university that well serves the Hispanic community in El Paso. For many students in El Paso, UTEP may not be their first choice but is a credible university to attend and has a high ranking in their engineering program.
What is the total population of students? Females? Males? Professors?
1) Total 23,003 people
2) Female students- 53.88%
3) Male students- 46.12%
5) Staff- 1,830
What is the student to teacher ratio? What is the percentage of each ethic background?
1) Student to teacher ratio- 21:1
2) Hispanic- 78.18%
3) International-Mexican- 4.9%
4) White- 8.89%
5) African- American- 2.68%
List all of the courses you will be required to take to complete your degree or certification. How many hours will you have to have? Provide a description of at least three of these courses in your specific field.
1) UTEP allows for students to receive their masters of Music in performance.
2) Bachelor's degree in general music
3) Required hours- 152
4) Description of three courses
A) MUSL 5371 - Bibliography and Research
- a study of research methods and materials designed to equip the student for scholarly research.
B)MUST 5217 - Selected Topic in Music Theory
-Study of specialized topics in Music Theory. Courses in the sequence must be approved by the Music Theory Coordinator. Prerequisite
C)MUSA 5233 - Graduate Score Study
-Graduate Score Study (2-0) A study of how to analyze scores from a conductor's viewpoint.
How do you contact this college?
- Telephone, email address, Internet address, and mailing address.
Internet address: http://academics.utep.edu/Default.aspx?tabid=72355
Mailing address: Office of Admissions & Recruitment Mike Loya Academic Services Building, Room 102 The...