15 September 2013
The most challenging project I have ever done was the Enzyme honors portfolio. I had to think differently than I do with other projects: I had to make the enzyme and actual teach it and in other class all I had to do was write a super long essay which was not challenging due to the fact I had to research and write down whatever I read about. There were lots of things that were challenging about this but fundamentally they all came down to material, design, and parent teaching bit.
When you are trying to draw a model for something that can change shape you try to use something that is flexible like play-doh, but under the circumstances of point taken from the use of the same material, I had to come up with an idea, fast. So I decided with wood it’s not flexible so no one would have the same idea so I should get full credit for creativity. I had to design the wood shape which meant cutting it to shape, that was probably the hardest part of the project and the most time consuming part of the project. The wood had its advantages of being large and more appealing to sight, but it was not flexible so I had to cut more shapes to have examples of many forms of the enzymes.
The hardest part was designing the enzyme out of wood. I tried to design it in ways it can became flexible, but I didn’t have the equipment or the engineering skills so I decided to make ever how creative I am while it was challenging I found it was the best project I have ever done cutting them out. Then I had to face the probable of coming up with showing the inhibitors so I decided I cut them out too. The advantages of making it with wood is that I can cut them out in any shape I want without any limitation.
This project was one of the best and hardest projects I have done. It showed me how creative I am while it was challenging I found it was the best project I have ever done.