Phase One: Proposal and Outline
Birth order and its effects on one’s personality
1. Does birth order affect one’s personality?
2. How does it impact their life?
3. What is the most common personality for 1st, 2nd or middle, and last born?
4. How does it affect a person’s learning styles?
5. Are parents aware of how birth order affects their children? Do they take advantage of this information?
6. Do the affects of birth order work in adoption?
7. Are their conflicts between people who are born in different order (such as jealousy)?
8. How do people feel about being the 1st, 2nd or middle, and last born?
9. Do parents treat the children differently, or do the children feel like they are treated differently because of their birth order?
10. How does gender affect birth order? Are there any gender roles placed on each child? (ex. First born son vs. first born daughter)
11. Does an age gap affect one’s personality?
The order in which a person is born creates a personality different from his/her siblings which ultimately influences their way of life.
To prove that a person will have a specific personality depending on their birth order and how it affects their way of living.
To Determine Variables
• Does a big age gap have different results from an age gap that is not that big?
• Are there similarities or differences between siblings of the same gender?
• Do the results reflect upon the usual birth order on academics?
Methods of Field Research
1. School wide survey to help determine whether the order your are born in actually does affect your personality. By surveying a variety of students, I will be able to see patterns and trends when reviewing the answers. The Questions would mainly focus on one’s personality traits and their sibling’s personality traits. There will also be questions focused on how their way of life is due to their personality.
2. Individual Interviews with at least 4 students will...