Grade 9 Biodiversity Review Booklet
1. What is biodiverstiy?
2. What are the three ways to describe biodiversity?
3. Use the desert to explain an ecosystem?
4. What is included in an ecosystem?
5. What does abiotic mean? Give examples
6. What are the abiotic factors at the top of the Rockie mountains?
7. Use a prairie community to describe a population and community? What is the
difference between them?
8. What is difference between ”Diversity between ecosystems” and “ Diversity
9. Use dogs to explain diversity within species?
10. What causes the diversity within species?
11. Where can you find the greatest diversity of species in Earth? Why?
12. Where can you find the least diversity of species on Earth? Why?
13. Who is Carlos Linnaeus? What did he discover?
14. What is the Linnaeus system?
15. How does the Linnaeus system classify animals?
16. Carassius auratus – What is the genus? What is the species? Which one is
17. What group of species has the most species in it?
18. What is the difference between Kingdom and Species? Which one is larger?
19. What is known as the “amazons of the oceans”? Why?
20. What is interdependence?
21. How does interdependence work in a lake ecosystem?
22. What is symbiosis?
23. Can a dead animal have a symbiotic relationship with another animal? Why or
24. What is commensalism? Give an example.
25. What is mutualism? Give an example.
26. What is parasitism? Give an example.
27. What is the difference between a niche and a symbiotic relationship? Use an
example to explain.
28. What is interspecies competition? Use grasses as an example.
29. Describe the niche of a cayote.
30. Use lizards to describe resource partitioning.
31. Can variability happen within a species? Why or why not? Use an example to
Created by Mrs. A. Nelson
32. How does variability help a species to survive. Use the peppered moth to
33. What does continuous...