HIS 301 Week 4 Quiz
1. Based on Planned Parenthood of Pennsylvania v. Casey, which of the following governmental conditions imposes an undue burden on a woman’s right to choose an abortion?
• spousal consent
• informed consent
• parental consent for underage persons with a judicial bypass procedure
• waiting period of 24 hours between consent and the procedure
Click here to download HIS 301 Week 4 Quiz
2. If a broadcast journalist reports false information about a non-public figure, thereby resulting in damages to a victim, what would this illustrate?
• reporter’s privilege
• shield law
3. Between 1963 and 1990, which standard of review was used by the Court to evaluate free exercise claims?
• neutrality test
• Lemon test
• rational basis test
• strict scrutiny
Want to check out the complete Assignment..?? Visit HIS 301 Week 3 Quiz
4. Which case (majority opinion) adopted the “bad tendency” test as a means for resolving disputes involving the freedom of speech?
• Virginia v. Hicks
• Schenck v. United States
• Brandenburg v. Ohio
• Gitlow v. New York
5. If a professor at a public school imposes a policy barring students from wearing all types of hats in the classroom, this would most appropriately be labeled as a _________?
• ban on protected speech
• neutral law that may impact students’ expression
• content-based limitation on political speech
• regulation of protected speech
Want to see the complete Quiz..?? Click HIS 301 Week 4 Quiz
6. Each of the following is a standard under the Lemon test EXCEPT:
• law must give equal access to all religions
• law must have a secular purpose
• law must not foster an excessive entanglement
• law’s primary effect must neither advance nor inhibit religion
7. Which Supreme Court Justice has made it known he would like to review restrictions on commercial speech under strict scrutiny analysis?
• Antonin Scalia