1. The Bahamas relies heavily on its Natural resources The Wealth of the Bahamas lies in it Natural resources. Our resources should serve to meet the needs of Bahamian citizens, and to drive our local economy. The health of these resources is intricately linked to there value. (the healthier a system the higher it’s value)
2. Dispel the myth that the Bahamas has no Natural resources. Our forests, soils, waters, and scenic landscapes and pristine ecosystems cannot be over emphasis.
3. Bahamians must take Full control of Natural resource based businesses, such as fishing, Diving, outdoor recreation, Kayaking agriculture and tourism. Including Ownership of All types of Tourist facilities as well as taking advantage of the opportunities for providing the educational and training manuals and facilities that support these businesses. Show our reliance on these components to provide employment, income generation, recreational opportunities, sustenance and healthy wealthy lifestyles.
4. As Bahamians we have an obligation to ensure that, we are all educated and well informed about any projects, taking place anywhere, in our country We must scrutinize every proposal and oppose the ones that appear to be self seeking and destructive to our Country and our People these type projects are almost always detrimental to our Environment.
5. We must build a network of concerned bold informed Bahamians on every Island in the commonwealth, who are willing to serve as the watchdogs for our environment and for our People, we must realize that we cannot depend on foreigners to protect our nation for us. We should never depend on someone else to do for us that which we can do for ourselves.
1. Strengthen Local Economies Through Local ownership Ensure that Natural and human resources are managed and cultivated in ways that support strong local economies by training locals and ensuring that local have a share in the ownership of any...