ASSIGNMENT 3: PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
HRM 500 – Human Resource Management Foundations
August 24, 2014
Create a job description for a retail sales associate, which includes the most significant components necessary to describe the job both internally and externally.
Retail sales jobs can involve a broad spectrum of duties and activities depending on the product, service and merchandise offered by the employer. The job description clearly outlines the common tasks and activities of a retail sales job and provides a description of the skills, knowledge and key competencies required in the job. (Businessballs, 2014) Provided below is a creative job description for a retail sales associate:
To assist customers in finding and purchasing the required merchandise in a retail environment. To encourage customers to purchase products.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
* greet customers
* recommend, select and help locate the right merchandise
* describe a product's features and benefits
* provide information about financing available
* receive and process cash, check and charge/credit payments
* provide change and receipts
* bag or package purchases
* place special orders
* arrange and display merchandise
Education and Experience
* high school diploma or equivalent preferred
* knowledge of customer service principles and processes
* experience in a retail, customer service or sales environment
* good communication skills
* customer service orientation
* high energy level
Create an organizational behavior modification (OBM) plan to define three (3) key behaviors that are required for successful job performance as a retail sales associate. Suggest the significant ways that your plan will benefit the organization.
Behavioral modification strategies within an organizational context are concerned with implementing behaviors within large...