HSM 340 WEEK 4 MIDTERM
1. Question: (TCO 4) Which of the following is part of a statistics budget?
2. Question: (TCO 4) The following is an example of a _____________ budget: "The budget for the radiology department is different at 90 percent occupancy than at 80 percent occupancy."
3. Question: (TCO 4) Effectiveness is a relationship between:
4. Question: (TCO 3) What is the main reason that relative value units (RVUs) often are used in health care?
5. Question: (TCO 3) Your controller has told you that the marginal profit of DRG 209 (major joint procedure) for a Medicare patient exceeds the marginal profit for an average charge patient. Why might this occur?
6. Question: (TCO 2) The heading of every financial statement should contain the:
7. Question: (TCO 2) Which of the following is the BEST example of a financial metric?
1. Question: (TCO 4) Formulate your answer based on the below information. Costs per case increased to $4,900 from a budgeted value of $4,750. This increased actual total costs by what amount?.....You have been asked by management to explain the variances in costs under your inpatient capitated contract.
2. Question: (TCO 4) Based on the information below, assume that the only change in the original example data is that Blue Cross raises their discount to 20 percent. What price should be set? You have been asked to establish a pricing structure for radiology on a per-procedure basis.........
3. Question: (TCO 4) What is the amount of variance that can be attributed to the difference between budgeted and actual volume? Use the following data to calculate the variances. The following information has been prepared for a home health agency.
4. Question: (TCO 2) Explain the difference between the accrual basis of accounting and the cash basis of accounting?
5. Question: (TCO 2) What is an audit (in the context of financial...