Job Description Paper
BUS303: Human Resources Management
Instructor: Instructor: Anwar Chowdhury
June 6, 2014
Job Title: Budget Analyst
Budget analyst performing day-to-day control and management involving the formulation, execution, and/or analysis of the organization's budget and funding requirements. Serving as the functional point of contact for day-to-day budget/financial issues. Performing budget formulation work involving review and preparation of budget estimates and financial plans. Performing budget execution and administration work involving the monitoring of obligations incurred and the actual expenditures of funds. Providing advice, assistance, and guidance on budgeting and related information and conducting analyses, reviews, and special studies of budget and/or related information. Using budgetary and other automated system(s) and computer-generated products in accomplishing budgeting/funding assignments. Planning, organizing, and directing budget activities, ensuring organization complies with legal and regulatory requirements and meet unit equipment and specialized training needs.
• Adjusting long-range budget plans to reflect feedback from the budget execution process
• Planning and developing the methods for financing new or substantially revised programs and preparing detailed recommendations and documentation for new or changed budgetary requirements needed to support programs
• Compiles, identifies and analyzes changes in budgetary and/or financial policies, regulations, constraints, objectives, and available funds that affect the accomplishment of program objectives
• Analyzes budget and/or financial program data to develop annual and multi-year budget estimates for assigned programs and activities
• Conducts research, identifies, and analyzes trends in the use of funds, and recommends adjustments in program spending that require the rescheduling of program workloads...