Nation Research Directions
Objective: You will research 1 nation of your choice and analyze the economic system used by this nation.
Directions: Use the attached spreadsheet to record your answers for this assignment. Your data and analysis spreadsheets should be completed on the computer and printed out to submit to the teacher.
1. Go to the CIA World Factbook site, https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/
2. Complete all the yellow sections of the spreadsheet by double-clicking in each cell and typing your answers.
3. Data: Complete chart with the appropriate indicator measurements for each indicator listed. Then choose any 3 other economic indicators that you think reveal significant information about this nation's economy. Type of government can be found in the "government" section on the World Factbook site.
4. Analysis: Based on the description of the government and the economy, which economic system do you think this nation has? Give 2 reasons why you believe the nation is this type of economy.
5. Search on the internet for any 2 articles about your nation's economy. Make sure these articles are current(no older than 6 months). Some good sources would be widely distributed newspapers, CNN, BBC, The Economist, Time, etc. Summarize the key findings from these articles on your spreadsheet.
6. Describe the costs and benefits of your nation's economy. What is working well? Who is not being served well by this system?
7. Conclusion: Write a short paragraph that draws some conclusions from your analysis. Overall, is this economy working well? What is the main industry? Do people have high or low living standards? Etc.
8. Save your work at the end of the period. You will use this information to complete the next step in this project.