Many female veterans returning to the civilian life and having served for terms greater than 10 years find themselves out of touch with the civilian work place and what is considered appropriate. This lack of knowledge puts them at a disadvantage when competing for civilian employment and other routine civilian organizations. Many organizations with veteran transition programs have programs geared toward the universal veteran…the male veteran. Most job fairs, employment opportunities and seminars are based on the veteran having been a male. Pumps and Purses on Purpose (P&PoP) will bridge the gap between and provide specific needs for female veteran’s transition from military service to the civilian work force or civilian education sector.
This organization will provide a wide range of transition tools to assist female veterans with the transition from the strict and stringent military life to the more diverse civilian work force. P&PoP will provide resources not limited to but to include:
- Dress for Success Seminars
- Interview Skills Seminars
- Learning to Speak English…Again (Translating military jargon into civilian terms)
- Writing like a civilian
- This is not a PT Test (how to prepare for civilian tests and examinations)
Resources will be available to assist with child care and family development in addition to any sort of counseling needed to include PTSD, Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, financial counseling and family counseling. P&PoP will also operate a clothing closet where ladies can come and find clothing, shoes and accessories appropriate for the civilian work place and civilian higher education institutions. The items for this closet will be collect by donations and clothing drives.
- 5 Female Veterans will obtain full-time employment
- 10 Female Veterans will successfully complete all of the offered seminars
- 5 Female Veterans will complete successful transition makeovers
- Fully stock...