Introduction: Obesity vs. Malnutrition
1. Our world is currently faced with many issues concerning the health and safety of its people. Obesity has taken the United States and most parts of the world by storm. The Harvard School of Public Health stated, “Worldwide the rate of obesity has nearly doubled since 1980, with just over 200 million adult men and just fewer than 300 million adult women obese. Obesity rates have been steadily rising in children, too: In 2010, 43 million preschool children were overweight or obese, a 60 percent increase since 1990. And these jumps in child and adult obesity rates show no sign of stopping without dedicated efforts to combat the epidemic.”(HSPH).
2. Intended audience: Our intended audience is young and old adults, parents, children, exercise enthusiast, muscle sculpting body builders. Just about everyone and we hope to be able to supply these to third world countries to help with world hunger.
3. Establishment of ethos: Our new produce has just begun formal testing. We have conducted small group testing for flavors, ingredients and packaging. Then started to document the effects it has on hunger and the benefits our subject began to feel. The developmental group of this product consists of two nurses and one physical therapist and is backed and partially funded by Dr. Vosburgh, a gastrointestinal specialist.
4. Thematic Statement: We want our product to gain understanding and financial backing to reach anyone who may be in need of proper nourishment.
5. Group Member introduction: My name is Charissa Beebe, RN. I stand with Dana also a fellow nurse, Dan Backx, PT, and Dr. Allison Vosburgh. Together we are going to present the problems our nations face with obesity and malnutrition. The advantage the Buddy Bar will have to the body, mind, and the long term effects of good health.
(Transition: Before we hand out the samples, I want to present to you some issues we are facing concerning proper nutrition.)