Qhe degree of risk associated with a project is typically at its highest during the _
1. conceptual ization
7. A spider web diagram is useful for _
5. showing company performance on a number of criteria simultaneously
6. collecting data on how a competitor manages projects
7. identifying industry standards for project management maturity
8. coaching, evaluating and auditing projects
9. The project maturity model developed by the Center for Business Practices would have
_____ rings if a spider web diagram were used.
9. Which of these is not characteristic of a project?
14. Projects are responsible for the newest and most improved products, services and
15. Projects are ad hoc endeavors with a clear life cycle.
16. Projects provide a philosophy and strategy for the management of change.
17. Traditional process management functions of planning, organizing and controlling do
not apply to project management.
10. Which of the following is not a project constraint?
18. the budget
19. the customer requirements
20. the schedule
21. the technical specifications
11. Projects differ from classic organizational processes because projects are _
22. discrete activities
23. part of line organization
24. well established systems in place to integrate efforts
17. Which of the following statements about clients is best?
27. CI ient refers to the enti re customer organ ization.
28. Clients are concerned with receiving the project as quickly as they can possibly get it.
29. Client groups tend to have similar agendas.
30. A single presentation is best when dealing with all client groups in an organization so
that everyone hears exactly the same message.
31. The tendency of employees in a functionally organized company to become fixated on their