PSYCH 500 Week 5 Individual Senior City Interview
To purchase this material click on below link
For more details
Identify a senior citizen and schedule an hour to talk with him or her face to face. Be sure to tell the person that you are completing the interview as part of a class assignment and that the content of the interview is completely confidential (no names will be used). Conduct an informal interview, focusing on the participant’s developmental history.
Consider the following:
• Family history and background
• School environment and educational experience
• Employment (paid/unpaid)
• Social relationships
• Partnerships and parenthood
• Significant life events
• Significant life transitions
• Memorable experiences
In addition to interview data, you may also obtain information from significant others, behavioral observations during the interview, and records (e.g. school reports, family albums, diaries etc).
Part I: Document the questions you asked and the participant’s responses. This is your interview ‘transcript’ which will be turned in along with your reflective paper.
Part II: Write a 1,000 word reflective paper based on the interview. In your paper, include information on the following:
• Most notable aspects of the interview. What topics did your interviewee respond most strongly to and why?
• Most surprising aspects of the interview: Did any of the interviewee’s responses surprise you? Explain.
• A commentary about the interviewee’s most significant or meaningful life events. What stood out as being most important in his/her life?
• A commentary about the interviewee’s most challenging transitions. What life transitions did your interviewee comment on? Did he/she discuss any specific strategies for coping with difficult life transitions?
• A discussion of what you learned from this experience.
Use the literature...