ASIA INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
Second Semester 2015-2016
Physics ----Monthly Assessment :- 2
Name:-____________________ Grade:-7- _____
Date:-___________________ Max Marks :- 25
I. Multiple Choice Questions [ 5 Marks]
1. When an isotope releases gamma radiation the atomic number
A)decreases by two and the mass number decreases by four.
B)increases by one and the mass number remains the same.
C)the mass number remain the same.
2. Which of the following would be attracted toward a positively charged sheet of metal?
3. The protons in a nucleus stay together due to the
A)electrostatic force of attraction.
4. Isotope A has a half-life measured in minutes, whereas isotope B has a half-life of millions of years. Which is more radioactive?
C)Both are equally dangerous.
5. Electrons orbit around the Nucleus. Which of the following statements is true about electrons?
a. They are very big and positively charged, occupying a lot of space giving the atom its overall size.
b. They are very big and negatively charged, occupying a lot of space giving the atom its overall size.
c. They are very small and negatively charged, but occupy a lot of space giving the atom its overall size.
6. The element Radon has the symbol: 222Rn
What is its Mass Number?
7. Which of the following types of radiation causes the most intense ionisation when it is absorbed?