When you have completed your exam and reviewed your answers, click Submit Exam. Answers will not be recorded until you
hit Submit Exam. If you need to exit before completing the exam, click Cancel Exam.
Questions 1 to 20: Select the best answer to each question. Note that a question and its answers may be split across a page
break, so be sure that you have seen the entire question and all the answers before choosing an answer.
1. As a transcriptionist, your most important skill is
A. the ability to type quickly.
B. the ability to accurately use reference materials.
C. the ability to understand and analyze the dictation.
2. Combining two or more segments of the industry to deliver the best care, at the most cost-effective rate,
in the best setting refers to a/an
A. integrated delivery system.
B. health maintenance organization.
C. diagnosis-related group.
D. preferred provider organization system.
3. Increasing the accessibility of patient information, reducing offsite storage costs, and freeing up
department storage space are all benefits of implementing
A. computerized medical records.
B. an integrated delivery system.
C. digital transcription systems.
D. correspondence management systems.
4. Good coding specialists share which of the following characteristics?
A. Attention to detail, thorough understanding of medical processes, ability to analyze large amounts of information
B. Advanced computer skills, ability to work from home, interest in specific specialty areas of medicine
C. Good management skills, perfectionism, accounting knowledge
D. Advanced degrees, interest in confidential medical information, dedication to long hours
5. A co-payment is defined as a
A. payment that is made by both husband and wife.
B. flat fee for a service.
C. set amount of money the patient must pay before the insurance provides benefits.
D. percentage of costs that must be paid by the insured.
6. As a health information...