STR 581 Week 4 Capstone 2
1. Internal reports that review the actual impact of decisions are prepared by:
• the controller
• department heads
• factory workers
• management accountants
2. Horizontal analysis is also known as:
• trend analysis
• vertical analysis
• linear analysis
• common size analysis
3. Which of the following is an advantage of corporations relative to partnerships and sole proprietorships?
• most common form of organization
• reduced legal liability for investors
• lower taxes
• harder to transfer ownership
Click here to download STR 581 Week 4 Capstone 2
4. Serox stock was selling for $20 two years ago. The stock sold for $25 one year ago, and it is currently selling for $28. Serox pays a $1.10 dividend per year. What was the rate of return for owning Serox in the most recent year? (Round to the nearest percent.)
5. External financing needed: Jockey Company has total assets worth $4,417,665. At year-end it will have net income of $2,771,342 and pay out 60 percent as dividends. If the firm wants no external financing, what is the growth rate it can support?
6. An unrealistic budget is more likely to result when it:
• has been developed by all levels of management.
• has been developed in a top down fashion.
• has been developed in a bottom up fashion.
• is developed with performance appraisal usages in mind.
To download the complete paper click STR 581 Week 4 Capstone 2
7. Which of the following financial statements is concerned with the company at a point in time?
• balance sheet
• retained earnings statement
• statement of cash flows
• income statement
8. Next year Jenkins Traders will pay a dividend of $3.00. It expects to increase its dividend by $0.25 in each of the following three years. If their required rate of return if 14 percent, what is the present...